Monday, August 25, 2014

Baked Trout with Lemon Dill Linguine


Sunday dinner is a must at our house and I always love having guests. It seems the only way I am able to get one of my best friends over on occasion is if I tempt him with food and a few cocktails of course. This weekend was a full blown Midwest summer meaning hot, humid, and muggy! Like when you step outside you start to sweat! After a day of baseball all I could think about making for dinner was something light, refreshing, and simple.
I decided on some Steelhead Trout since it was on sale at Kroger. I figured I would cook that up and serve it over linguine tossed in a lemon dill sauce. I threw in some sugar snap peas for some texture and I also served a caprese salad with ripe tomatoes from my dads garden. Needless to say this dinner hit the spot and my dinner guest left full and satisfied.

For the Trout
1 1/2lbs Trout
2 diced scallions
1 bunch fresh chopped cilantro
2Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
S&P

Bake 375
Place Trout in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Pour 2Tbs Olive oil over the trout and rub. Sprinkle the fresh herbs all over the top of the trout. Pour in your white wine. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

For the Linguine
1lbs linguine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup white wine
zest and juice of 2 lemons
2 cloves garlic minced
S&P
Fresh Dill
Grated Parmesan

Get a pot of boiling water going and season with salt once it comes to a boil. Cook your linguine until al dente, in the final 2 minutes of cooking your pasta throw in your snap peas for a quick blanch then pour out and strain with your pasta. (reserve a cup of pasta water)
Meanwhile in a large sauté pan heat up a 2 count of EVOO and add your garlic. Cook until fragrant, add your lemon zest and juice, white wine, cream, dill, and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes until your sauce thickens.  Add some grated parmesan at the end.
Turn off your heat and toss in your pasta and snap peas. Add some pasta water if needed.
Serve immediately with the trout and fresh grated parmesan on top.

This whole dish takes about 25-30 minutes to cook and it's totally YUMMY!

Happy Eatings!
Krystal

No comments:

Post a Comment