Saturday, August 24, 2013

BLTE's a weeknight savior


This week has been a busy one. Sunday we started off with our son's very first baseball game. I now finally know why parents get so worked up over these things. Yes we were the parents in the stands yelling "That's my kid!" as he hit a line drive over the pitcher's head. Mind you the pitcher was the coach that decided he would put my son in the very back of the line up because he didn't play T-ball before he joined Coach Pitch. HA to you coach, my kid hit better than any kid on that team. Okay now that I got that out... back to my week. After baseball it was back to school week, we had open house night, had to get school supplies, take the boys to the doctor's for their checkup's, work out new child care for my youngest, and of course go to work everyday! By Thursday I was exhausted. I had forgotten to thaw out any sort of protein for dinner, I needed something quick and easy. I had a huge bag of fresh tomatoes from my dad's garden and I thought why not go with a good'ol BLT! Yes, can't go wrong with a BLT and I will add a delicious runny fried egg on top! I also had 3 potato's in my pantry that were about to grow sprouts so I decided to bake up some Parmesan garlic fries to go along side our sandwich's. It was a last minute meal, but the best one we had all week! When it comes to dinner I always like to have a plan, but usually those plans go out the door by Monday night.  As long as my family is around the dinner table that's all that matters to me :).

Parmesan Garlic Fries Recipe:

3 Whole Potatoes - Peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs Parmesan
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper
Pre-heat oven 425
Cut your potatoes in half length wise then cut in fourths length wise. You want them to be a little thick. Toss your fries in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Use a little oil for the baking sheet so the fries don't stick. Bake your fries for 40 minutes, turn them over about half way through. Place your hot fries in a large bowl and add your minced garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper then toss. Make sure all your fries get coated with the parmesan and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment